OAA are held at Lambourne End Centre for Outdoor Learning which is a fantastic 54 acre classroom. Lambourne End staff have the freedom to create the right atmosphere for learning for all pupils of all needs. Through a tailored programme they provide ‘the opportunities for our young people to develop and stretch themselves whilst enjoying a fun experience in a welcoming and informal environment in which they can feel truly valued.’
This is all delivered within a culture based on their own core values of:
- Promoting learning for all
- Belief in people’s potential
- Respect for people and the environment
Lambourne End Centre state that it is committed to:
- Being a centre of excellence
- Being focused on development and learning for all
- Bringing the outdoors and our environment to life for people
- Bringing adventure and stretch
- Being bright, modern, optimistic, inspiring, fun
Lambourne End continue to be keen to develop long-term relationships with like-minded organisations and work alongside Eleanor Smith School to ensure everyone’s aims and objectives are met. Our main aim at Eleanor Smith School is to develop resilience in ALL our young people. Lambourne End staff achieve this through a variety of activities that are designed to challenge young people both emotionally, and physically.
All pupils access Lambourne End once fortnightly which also serves to meet the national expectation that OAA are included within the curriculum.