Our Values and Ethos
- Build resilience in all our pupils as citizens of the 21st Century
- Believe in the potential of all our pupils to make progress in their learning and social emotional development
- Inspire our pupils to make positive choices, have high expectations of themselves, and always strive to do their best
In realising these core aims we provide:
- A structured school environment where pupils are encouraged to manage their own learning and behaviours successfully
- A place where pupils feel safe and secure
- A non judgemental forum where parents/carers can reflect on and develop their own parenting skills with quality guidance and support
- A school that inspires pupils to attend and re-engage in their learning with enthusiasm and drive
- A place of learning where pupils can belong and have a true sense of community
- A wide range of interventions that help support and guide pupils through their own journeys of personal development
- An understanding and recognition of local, national and international issues
- An holistic approach in understanding the lives of all our pupils
- To work in partnership with mainstream school’s parents and/ or carers and outside agencies.
- To support pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties in maintaining and benefiting from their mainstream placement.
- To return pupils to their mainstream school on a full time basis.
- To provide a flexible service to enable pupils to take advantage of the opportunities which are available in their mainstream school and local community.
- To enable pupils to overcome difficulties which have become barriers to learning by offering appropriate support.
- To assess the educational needs of each pupil, to plan and implement a supportive framework enabling the pupil to achieve and develop at their mainstream school.
- To work with the Borough’s Primary and Secondary schools in helping pupils manage their social, emotional and behavioural difficulties in order to make progress and reach their potential.
Our School Code
We believe that all members of Eleanor Smith School have a series of rights, which we define as:
- A RIGHT to safety
- A RIGHT to respect
- A RIGHT to learn and teach
- A RIGHT to move freely subject to rules
- A RIGHT to have property kept safely
- A RIGHT to be treated fairly It is the responsibility of each valued member of our school to maintain these rights.
Our Eko Trust Mission
We collaborate to achieve world class outcomes for our children, young people and families
- We develop flexible, innovative approaches to learning to build our centres of excellence
- We invest in high quality support and development across diverse schools
- We support and challenge each other in an inclusive environment
We are open to learn from each other
We are thoughtful and inspiring
We are understanding of each other’s strengths, weaknesses, background and motivations
We are trustworthy and loyal to the team
We are respectful when challenging
We are resilient when challenged
We are clear and honesty and have the courage to disagree
We do have the highest expectations of yourself and others
We do set high professional standards and celebrate our achievements
We do look after each other
We do accept there will be challenges and give each other space and time
We do listen & respect each other
We do support opinions with facts and evidence
We do express gratitude
We do talk with clarity and honesty and have the courage to disagree
We do deliver in an accurate timely & cost effective way
———- Collaborating to Learn ———-